- All purpose flour - 3/4 cup
- Wheat flour - 1/4 cup
- Fresh spinach - 3 cups, packed
- Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Salt - as per need
- Water - as per need
Rinse and strain the spinach. In a large pan over medium heat, cook spinach in water(say 1/4 cup) till soft. This will take nearly 7 to 8 minutes. Remove the excess water from the spinach and save for preparing the dough .Grind the cooked spinach in a blender till smooth.
In a mixing bowl, combine both flour, salt, baking powder and oil. Stir until crumbly. Combine the spinach paste with the crumbly flour to form a smooth dough by adding water little by little. (Let the water be warm)
Divide the dough into equal parts. Roll into thin discs, dust when ever needed with all purpose flour. Heat a pan and toast the rolled tortillas on both sides in medium flame until slight golden dots starts to appear,also take care its evenly cooked.
Serve warm with your favorite filling.
- The water should be warm while preparing dough.
- If the water in cooked spinach is more, try adding little by little to form a smooth dough. If less add plain warm water.
- If you want to do plain tortilla, avoid spinach and proceed in the same way.